Make a Difference - Join Village Community Services' Team!
$12.50 per hour
Full-time, part-time, and relief positions currently available.
Day, evening, and graveyard schedules for jobs located in Arlington, Smokey Point or Stanwood areas.
Residential Support Staff will work with adults who have developmental and mental health challenges and require extensive supports to successfully complete daily living tasks. Residential Support Staff are responsible for assisting participants with activities ranging from personal grooming and meal preparation to shopping, housekeeping, and recreational outings. The ideal candidate will be caring, patient, and reliable, with excellent communication and documentation skills, and basic computer and writing skills. High school diploma or GED required. Must pass a Washington State background clearance and have a demonstrated safe driving record (3 year driver’s abstract required.) Must be able to physically assist participants with daily living tasks and wheelchair or other assistive transfers when necessary. Starting compensation is $12.50 per hour. Highly competitive medical and retirement benefits.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Current open shifts are subject to change.
Please don’t hesitate to apply based on the listed days/hours as we can be flexible.
SUPPORT STAFF OPENINGS
|STW-PT||TO BE DECIDED|
|SPM-PT||TO BE DECIDED|
|RELIEF||FILL IN FOR REGULAR STAFF AS NEEDED|
$13.67 per hour
ONE OPENING FOR FULL OR PART TIME
A creative professional who assists persons with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process, including job search, interviewing, on-the-job training, job skill assessment, and workplace accommodations. Communication and marketing to employers are also essential job duties. The ideal candidate will be patient and reliable, with excellent communication, time management, and documentation skills. Basic computer skills and ability to learn new technologies are essential. High school diploma or GED required. Experience or higher education in job development, human services, services to people with disabilities, marketing, and/or vocational rehabilitation preferred. Must pass a Washington State background clearance and have a demonstrated safe driving record (3 year driver’s abstract required.) Starting compensation $13.67 per hour. Highly competitive medical and retirement benefits.
$12.00 per hour
Summary: Like Skills Trainers provide the essential trainings on daily life skills and job readiness skills as documented in DDA Individual Support Plan Support Assessment such as tasks listed under Home Living, Community Living, Lifelong Learning Activities, Employment Activities, Health and Safety Activities, Social Activities, Protection and Advocacy Activities and Exceptional Behavior Support Needs. These tasks can be worked on individually or in groups.
Qualifications, Education, Experience: Life Skills Trainers must have a high school diploma or equivalent education. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or concurrent enrollment in human services, social work, education or similar program preferred. At least 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities is desirable. Upon hire, Life Skills Trainers must have a current Washington State driver’s license with a good driving record, must pass a criminal background check and read, understand and agree to abide by Village Community Services’ Policies and Procedures. Life Skills Trainers must have good communication skills and be able to work with our clients in a respectful and kind manner. Life Skills Trainers must be able to use good judgment, and be a positive role model and representative of Village Community Services.
Life Skills Trainers must take 75 hours of training within 120 days of hire. (Agency Orientation, Safety Training and the 40 hour curriculum training are part of the 75 hour training requirement.) Life Skills Trainers must obtain First Aid, CPR & Bloodborne Pathogens certifications within the first 60 days of hire and cannot work alone until certification is received. Community Protection training is required to work with CP participants and must be obtained within 30 days of hire. Life Skills Trainers cannot work alone with client until certified.
Description of Essential Functions: Provide training as listed under DDA ISP Assessment such as home living, community living, lifelong learning activities, employment activities, health and safety activities, social activities, protection and advocacy activities and exceptional behavior support needs.
- Use teaching tools and curriculum to help clients complete tasks to become more independent and accomplish ISP goals.
- Maintain good communication with participants. This requires the ability to read body language, assess moods and possible trouble areas, and has the skills to diffuse potentially unsafe situations.
- Safeguard confidentiality of client records and information.
- Meet supervision standards for each individual while in the community and at home.
- Write incident reports and submit to the Program Manager.
- Ensure client safety, hygiene and health standards are met while working with the client.
- Work with each participant on their individual finances and monthly budgets.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to reflect goals met.
- Use the automated time and attendance system to clock in and out of work.
- Read and abide by the agency’s policies and procedures and the WACS.
- Keep all licenses and certificates current.
- Respect diversity – participants and coworkers.
- Able to use good verbal, reading and writing skills and be able to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, the community and families,
- Drive agency vehicles to transport participants as needed.
- Ride Community Transit to help train clients with transportation goals.
- Work is performed inside and outside and frequently involves sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Frequent hand and finger use to manipulate office utensils, supplies, pens, paper, operate office machines such as computers, printers, telephone, copier, shredder, able to read the computer monitor and paperwork.
- Driving agency vehicles.
DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE APPLICATION
APPLY IN PERSON
Pick up, drop off or mail your application:
Village Community Services
3210 Smokey Point Drive, Suite 200
Arlington, WA 98223
Call 360-653-7752 for application pick up/drop off hours.